Boston After School & Beyond is an advocate for the power of out-of-school time (OST) in youth development. We are rooted in the principles of learning what works, securing resources to test what works, and organizing and supporting the public and private stakeholders who can act on what works.
To catalyze a partnership with the City of Boston, the philanthropic community and the city's business, non-profit and civic leadership to design and implement a successful youth development strategy for all the children of Boston.
Boston After School & Beyond marshals a wide range of resources and services to help achieve our mission:
- Advocacy: Boston Beyond advocates for out-of-school time (OST) programs and OST needs as part of an overall youth development system by organizing and supporting the public and private stakeholders in the field.
- Networking: We bring together stakeholders in the youth development field and actively enlist them in crafting strategies to enrich the lives of the young people of Boston.
- Special Initiatives: Our strategic initiatives help leverage public/private partnerships and pilot promising practices.
- Knowledge Management: We work to identify information needs, conduct research and evaluation, and compile findings to better understand the current state of the field and promising practices.
- Resource Development: Boston Beyond provides a Resource Development database of tools and information that helps program providers identify and secure funding and other resources.
- Communications: Boston Beyond compiles and shares information that empowers and energizes the OST community.